Sophisticated Counsel For All Aspects Of Your Fashion Business
Business owners and entrepreneurs in the fashion industry have to deal with a unique combination of legal challenges that require advice from an attorney who is familiar with these areas.
Kashfian & Kashfian, LLP, has decades of experience in a variety of legal areas in the Los Angeles area. We offer full-service business representation for our fashion clients, ensuring they have the security and peace of mind to innovate and build their fashion brands. Our areas of focus include:
- Intellectual property: Patents, copyrights and trademarks build the foundation of your fashion organization. From patenting design innovations and trademarking your brand to copyrighting the images in your catalog, we assist you through the complicated process of building your IP portfolio. But more than that – we offer ongoing monitoring of your intellectual property, and take immediate action when someone infringes upon your rights.
- Business contracts: Our attorneys are skilled in drafting, reviewing and enforcing business contracts. We help you assemble contracts for suppliers, employees, customers, vendors and more.
- Employment law: Businesses in the fashion industry especially have to juggle various different kinds of employees, from the typical operations team to models who may be independent contractors. We can help you with all aspects of employment law, from drafting employment contracts and noncompete agreements to providing defense against claims from current or former employees.
- International law: Importing products from overseas requires knowledge of customs procedures and other aspects of international business law. We provide the insight you need to make this process as seamless as possible.
- Brand enforcement: As a fashion designer or supplier, you have to worry about counterfeits and competitors ruining your brand. From monitoring your intellectual property to removing any knockoff products from the market, we take every available measure to protect your brand.
By combining these areas of law, our lawyers provide an outstanding level of fashion law counsel to California businesses. While we always take a proactive approach to protecting your business interests, we are also never afraid to fight in all levels of California court to protect your rights.
We have had a history of success litigating cases in the fashion industry, including one case against Louis Vuitton involving the use of the phrase “red gold.” Learn more about this and other successes on our Case Results page.