George E. Akwo
- Senior Attorney / Counsel
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- University of Southern California
- M.A., Master of Arts
- Major: Communications Management
- University of Illinois
- Major: Mass Communications
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
Mr. Akwo has been practicing law for over twenty (20) years in Plaintiff as well as Defense work. He has extensive experience practicing in federal and state litigation matters. Mr. Akwo was a Judicial Intern for the Hon. Marilyn Hall Patel (Ret.) in the United States District, Northern District of California. He was also Deputy City Attorney for the City and County of San Francisco for approximately seven (7) years.
Mr. Akwo has completed numerous jury and bench trials at both the state and federal level. He was also an instructor at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (Litigation Training for Lawyers) both in Los Angeles and Louisville. Mr. Akwo received his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree in Mass Communications from the University of Illinois with University Honors and Highest Departmental Distinction. Thereafter, he received a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in Communications Management from the University of Southern California. He also was part of the International Law Program in Singapore and Cambridge, England at the University of Norte Dame School of Law. Finally, Mr. Akwo received his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of California, Hastings College of Law.
Mr. Akwo is senior counsel at Kashfian & Kashfian LLP.
- Hon. Marilyn Hall Patel (Ret.) in the United States District, Northern District of California, Judicial Intern
- City and County of San Francisco, Deputy City Attorney